Two small programs to easily and quickly transfer
files between the Amiga and the PC.
Date: April 2000
-- Freeware --
Paradise v 0.71b (51
Paradise for PC v0.72b (33 Kb -
you need the above archive too!)
diagram image (25 Kb)
allows to transfer files, directories and ADF's (Amiga disk images) between
an Amiga and a PC using the parallel ports and a special cable (a ParNet
cable with a little modification, not so hard to build). It's, in my opinion,
easy to use and has good performances: ~33 Kbytes/s with an Amiga 500
@ 7 Mhz and a Pentium @ 233 Mhz, and ~70 Kbytes/s with an Amiga 4000/030
@ 25 MHz, KS 3.0 and a Pentium II @ 266 MHz. Paradise needs Amiga OS 2.0+
but works properly under OS 1.3 even if with some limitations when uploading
files from the Amiga to the PC (due some incompatible routines; I hope
to make them fully compatible with OS 1.3 in future). Under the PC it
requires MS-DOS 7, maybe other versions are good too. Windows 9x is necessary
only for the long file names support.
features and improvements of this version:
* Disk images sending and receiving, directly from floppy drive;
* Core routines optimized in Assembly 68000;
* Windows 9x long filenames support;
* Sub-directories transfering;
Prestel (CEPT2) terminal emulator, with lots of features.
Date: December 1995
Telemako v0.92b demo (191
This is a program I've made some years ago, when prestel services were
very popular. Due the large diffusion of the internet, today only a
few people need a program such this, but if you're one of those, Telemako
is surely one of the best you can find around. The powerful built in
prestel editor can be used also to easily create pages for the TV Teletext
services, still widespread.
Prestel terminal emulator;
* Pages editor;
* Pages capturer;
* Pages/text sender;
* Script interpreter.
works nicely under the latest WinUAE Amiga emulator for Windows.
program to play many music
modules formats (mod, xm, it,
med, s3m, okt...)
Date: November 2000
ModPlug Player v1.43.05 (273 Kb)
is a 32-bit Windows 95/NT4 application, currently not using any hardware
acceleration, but featuring a lot of options to create the best possible
output (Up to 48KHz, 16-bit, stereo):
internal precision for mixing, dithered to 16-bit.
- High quality resampling filter.
- Automatic click removal.
- Digital Bass Expansion digital low-pass filter (filter range and depth
customizable in Advanced Player Options)
- Dolby Pro-Logic Surround support (and it's not only negating the right
channel) with custom delay and 100Hz-7KHz filter depth.
- Reverb Option (not echo), much better since v1.41.01
- Noise Reduction: attenuation of the very high frequencies in the sound.
- Stereo Separation option (25%-400%), useful for headphones.
- 40-bands (Or 2x 19-bands) fourier spectrum analyzer, and VU-Meter.